GIVING BACK: In our first year of opening Universal Power Yoga, our community came together on several occasions for what we call SEVA (Selfless Service). SEVA is a term used in the yoga teachings which refers to doing good for others without expecting anything in return. Doing good just for the sake of doing good, because it is important to help others and your community in whatever way makes sense for you.
- We raised over $40,000 for Yoga Reaches Out on the Jacqui Bonwell Team, and the proceeds went to Boston Children’s Hospital and Citizens Schools
- We donated $500 to the HomeBase Program out of Mass General Hospital for Veterans with PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury
- We raised over $500 for the One Fund through our Yoga Strong classes on Marathon Monday
- We raised over $500 for the Susan Lipton Memorial Fund Playground in Canton
- We raised over $100 for the Norwood Willett School
- We raised over $100 and collected canned goods for the Norwood Food Pantry
- We donated our time teaching the New England Girl Scouts
- We donated our time teaching the Athleta Store Classes
- We donated our time teaching the Willett School Kids
- We donated several raffle prizes to local community events
And that was all in 1 year…..Wow. Deep bow of gratitude and love for our community.